Archer's Gallery Help
This section is intended to provide you with a little more
info on the form field presented to you when you build your page
for the first time or modify it.
Please note that you can use HTML codes in (some of) the text-fields.
Just remember that they won't always look good. It's your responsibility
to keep it correct...
This section is intended to get some info about yourself.
- Your real name:
- Please fill in your real name. This field will be used
for several titles and indexes.
- Your nickname (or alias):
- If you use a nickname in the newsgroups, you can fill it
- Your e-mail address:
- The e-mail address where people can contact you. (Please make
sure this is a valid address and that it's yours ;-)
- Title of your page:
- The title you want for your page. This will appear on top
of the page and in the index.
- Description for the indexpage:
- A short description for your page. This description will appear in
the user's index.
- How you use the newsgroups:
- Here you can describe (in a few words) how you use the newsgroups.
For example, "just reading (a lurker)" or
"only target archery contributions". This
information will appear at the top of your page in a
- Select a file to upload
- If you have picture of yourself, you can upload it to the
server and it will be appear on your page. To do this,
click on the button. You can select a file on your
filesystem to use. Double-click on the imagefile you want
to upload. You will see the location of the file in the
field next to the browse-button. You can also directly
type in the location of the file on your filesystem.
files should be either in .jpg or .gif format, as these
are the only type (most) browsers can display inline.
The picture you upload should be less than 50 Kb. If it
is bigger, the file will be rejected. Keep in mind that
it is in your own interest to keep the size of the
As a guideline, use JPEG images, compressed with a Q
factor of about 25-30. The width and height of the image
not be to small and not too large (200-500 pixels each, depending on the image)
Microsoft Internet Exploror 3.01 or below (and
above?) don't support the file upload feature. There is a
workaround, you can specify an URL instead, but for that
to work you must be sure that the image is always
available at that URL.
Not just because of this problem, the use of Netscape
Navigator 3.0 (or higher) is highly recommended.
- Current picture:
- If you have already uploaded a picture, it will be
- Text to go with the picture:
- You can type in an additional description to go with the picture you
upload. It will be displayed below the image.
- Archery equipment
- Please tell something about your archery equipment. It is always
fun to know what kind of equipment someone is using. You
can not only list your bow, but include something about your
sight, arrows, stabilisers, tab, sling, quiver, bracer,
type of hat you wear, shoe size, etc......
- Your archery history
- Anything you think is interesting to know for others
archery newsgroups readers or archers in general.
- How you started shooting
- When you started shooting
- Why started shooting
- What disciplines you shoot or have shot
- Your scores/achievements (don't overdo this, it
can get boring at some point...)
- Something about the club/country/wherever you
- Archery matters
- You probably have some views on archery matters like tuning, technique,
rules, places to shoot, etc. This is the right place to put
- Which groups do you
- Select which archery newsgroups you read on usenet. Click and drag
with your mouse to make a selection. (You can select multiple
- Your thoughts
on the groups and how you use them
- If you've spent some time in the newsgroups, you've
probably formed an opinion about them and the subjects
regularly found there. This entry might even save some time
for newbies ;-)
Some places on the web that you like to
- The inevitable links section
- You can enter up to four of your favorite URLs on this
page. In the Name field, enter the name of the
site, in the address field, enter the complete URL
and in the comment field, enter your comment about
Note: Always fill in a name for the site, without
it, the link will be unusable!
- Anything else you would like to say?
- Any wonderful thoughts or opinions that don't fit into
the above sections can be put here.
When you want to change the color and
- A few options for how the HTML will look
- Here you can indicate how your pages should look
regarding colors and backgrounds. Choose any of the
combinations (and test them!) from the preview page.
As a word of advice, watch out for combinations of
background and foreground colors. Dark backgrounds need
light text-colors and vica versa. Remember that some
people don't load images, so they will most likely see
the background color instead of the background image. To
make sure those people will be able to read your page, it
might be a good idea to have the background color similar
to the background image you've chosen.
These pages are maintained by the
Sagittarius Web Team.
Last modified on