[index page of this directory]
Chip packaging companies and package producers
The chip making process:
- Design the chip
- Make the die (Done at a foundry, also called fab.)
- Breake the wafer into individual IC*'s
- Package the IC*'s
- Market and sell the IC*'s
A lot of the big companies do all of these steps, but some do only part of it and
have part of the process done by others.
After the wafers have been made at a foundry (also called fab) they are broken
down into individual IC*'s and they are packaged into DIP packages for example.
Designing the IC*'s is usually very high-tech and strategically important
so it's done in the country of the company itself.
Making the die is less high-tech and is sometimes done
in a less high tech country, with slightly lower wages
or in a poorer part of the country itself.
The breaking and packaging is usually done in a country where the wages are low
but the people are willing to work like the poorer parts of East Asia.
The Philippines and Malaysia are typical examples. Look at the bottom sites
of packaged chips for more examples.
On this page you will find companies that break-up wafers and package the IC*'s.
- They are also a foundry it seems, so see ABPac.
- Alpha Industries Inc.
- 20 Sylvan Rd
- Woburn, Ma., 01801
- tel: +1-781-9355150
- fax: +1-781-8244548
- Package chips for space programs and military programs
- Austin Semiconductor, Inc.
- 8701 Cross Park Dr.
- Austin, TX 787454
- tel: +1-512-3391188
- tel: +1-512-7197256 - Sales
- fax: +1-512-339-6641
- fax: +1-512-8358358 - Sales
- ASI is an ISO9002 registered company.
- ASI brings state of the art components and electro-mechanical sub-assemblies
to their customers through a broad line of hi-rel products composed of standard
and specialty memory, digital and analog solutions in a wide array
of ceramic and plastic packages.
- ASI also offers DMS services and obsolescence support,
radiation tolerant products for satellite and space applications, ECL*,
transmitter and receiver chips and die stacking capabilities.
- ASI designs, develops and manufactures these products
for the global hi-rel marketplace.
- Circuit Electronic Industries (Public) Co., Ltd.
- 45 Moo 12 Rojana Industrial Park
- Ayuthaya 13210
- tel: +66-35-226-280-9
- fax: +66-35-226-710
- fax: +66-35-226-714
- (Owned by ACX Technologies)
- Coors Technical Ceramics Company
- 1100 Commerce Park Drive
- Oak Ridge, Tn 37830
- tel: +1-800-242-8021
- fax: +1-423-481-8022
- email@example.com - material info
- firstname.lastname@example.org - sales
- Custom made ceramic components for chip processing equipment.
OEM and spares for Ion Implant, PVD, CVD, Etch, etc.
Engineering support for material selection and part design.
- Coors Technical Ceramics is the division of Coors Ceramics Company that
the semi-conductor industry for custom high purity ceramics.
- Ceramic chamber components.
Flip Chip Technologies
- Flip Chip Technologies
- 3701 E. University Drive
- Phoenix, AZ 85034
- tel: +1-602-431-6020
- fax: +1-602-431-6021
- FCT offers proven bumping technology used in applications requiring higher
performance, reduced form factor and lower costs than those obtainable
through traditional surface mount technologies. A QS-9000 and ISO-9002
registered company, FCT is dedicated to a process of rigorous
continuous improvement to achieve the highest possible
level of customer satisfaction.
- Force Technologies Ltd
- Unit 18, campbell Crt
- tel: +44-1256-880788
- fax: +44-1256-880307
- Package chips (from die), Distribute chips, Broker chips
Mansor Bin Ibrahim <email@example.com>, director
We provide semiconductor chips assembly and packaging service on contract for OEM's. The products include DPAK, SOT23, SOT223 and SOIC's for any number of leads. See our site and send us your enquiry via email!
- Agents getting 5% on sales are welcome.
- shouldbe = MHI Micro* Hybrids, Inc.
- 2100 NE Dixie Highway
- Jensen Beach, FL 34957
- tel: +1-772-225-0358
- fax: +1-772-225-9248
- NASA Approved, designer and manufacturer of film, integrated circuits,
hybrid microcircuits, multichip modules, and microelectronic networks.
Services include, wire bonding, die bonding, packaging, substrate fabrication,
- Micro* Hybrids, is a small minority-woman owned, company responsible
for manufacturing the substrate and assembling the "eye" of the "MARS Global
Surveyor Camera" which recently sent back pictures strongly supporting the
possibility of water on Mars.
We also manufactured about 70% of the electronics for the Chandra Observatory,
which is presently orbiting the earth, taking x-ray pictures of deep space,
discovering quasars, black holes,and neutron stars.
- Minco Technology Labs, Inc.
- 1805 Rutherford Lane
- Austin, Texas 78754
- tel: +1-512-834-2022
- fax: +1-512-837-6285
- Minco Technology Labs is an ISO 9002 approved source for semiconductor products and services. Minco's capabilities include die processing, assembly and test; and the ability to stock and supply QML-38535 Hi-Reliability packaging and a hermetic Optoelectronic product line that includes plastic blue and white LEDs. The Optoelectronic product group is presently undergoing QPL qualification. Minco has the largest supply of obsolete or hard to find die through its extensive vendor list.
- Reel Service Ltd.
- 55 Nasmyth Road
- Glenrothes, KY6 2SD*
- tel: +44-1592-773208
- fax: +44-1592-774696
- Tape and reel, carrier tape, cover tape, klik reels and moisture protection
for the global electronics industry (ISO certified worldwide).
- Semicon Systems, Inc.
- Supplies packaging solutions to semiconductor manufacturers.
- Semicon products are used to protect wafers and devices from damage during
handing, testing and shipping, often from the U.S. to many other countries.
Spectrum Semiconductor Materials
- Spectrum Semiconductor Materials, Inc
- 2027 O'Toole Ave
- San Jose, CA 95131
- tel: +1-408-435-5555
- fax: +1-408-435-8226
- Spectrum Semiconductor Materials is a ceramic IC* Package distributor.
- Our products include:
Ceramic Combo Lids,
Ceramic Pin Grid Array,
J-Bend Leaded Chip Carriers,
Leadless Chip Carriers,
Side braze packages,
- TASK Micro-Electronics, Inc.
- 1603, St-Regis Boulevard
- D.D.O. (Montreal), Quebec
- Canada H9B 3H7
- tel: +1-514-6858275
- fax: +1-514-6857611
- firstname.lastname@example.org - subscribe to free quarterly newsletter
- Custom, contract manufacturer specialized in electronic packaging.
By working as partners, we can help you enhance your products functionality
and reduce the overall size
whereby making them more reliable and marketable.
- Specialized on "miniaturization". Our experience and technical capabilities
allow us to propose the optimal approach for your particular application.
- TEAM PACIFIC CORPORATION
- Elelctronics Ave. FTI Complex
- Taguig, Metro Manila
- tel: (632) 838-4671
- tel: (632) 838-5005 up to 11
- fax: (632) 838-5012
- fax: (632) 838-5013
Our packaging capabilities are on:
Our packaging capabilities in details:
- TEAM PACIFIC CORP. is a 100% Filipino owned company specializing in
subcontract assembly of semiconductor devices.
- PLASTIC POWER- TO-247 3L and 5L, TO-264 3L, TO-268 3L, SOT-227, TO-220, EXT247, EXT264
- METAL CANS - TO-18,TO-39,TO-5,TO-3,TO-66
- CERAMICS - CLCC,sidebraze,cdip
Titan Technologies (P) Ltd.
New Delhi - 110 001
We are a fabless IC* packaging company in India, providing packaging services on sub-contract basis.
Titan is the only private Ltd. company in India, involved in packaging semiconductor devices.
Titan packages IC*'s on sub-contract basis for number of companies world-wide and also for its own marketing in India.
We are looking for a wafer fabrication facilty who can fabricate bipolar and CMOS* IC*'s for us.
Follow. is gen. spec. of one IC* for which we need wafers fabricated:
|Type of process:
|min. Feature size:
||single or twin well
||Double layer metal w or w/o
||4" or more
Pls. inform if you can do the needfull and what would be your terms and conditions.
Looking forward to your quick reply.
Electronic Packaging for High Reliability, Low Cost Electronics
(NATO Asi Series. Partnership Sub-Series 3, High Technology, Vol. 57)
Rao R. Tummala
Kluwer Academic Publishers, about 199911
, about $150
DPEMS offers to repackage chips.
[index page of this directory]